F gleaner Hydraulics

jim7

New User
All the hydraulics work on my f gleaner except the header drops real fast when i lower it. i tried ajusting the header contol valve adjusting cap screw,but it changes nothing. does any one have any idea what the problem could be? thank you for your help
 
SHOULDnt DO THAT Missing a step somwhere ?????... ARE You new to this Machine or a Vetran Gleaner man ,, do you have a BOOK? .. sorry not much hepl ,Have had similar problem on MASSEY , Corrected by the Automatic Header control
 
I think you adjust the length of the rod to the valve to change the speed. Just been too long since I have been around one to remember how you do it though.
 
I have had gleaners for several years and i do have a manual for the f gleaner. when i tried to make the adjustments with the set screw on the header hydraulic control valve nothing changes. the header still drops like its in free fall. could air in the system cause this? thank you for your help.
 
I'm stumped too.

Do you have the robot (bean header auto control, below outside the right window) setup on it, could be something in that unit? It has a turn dial on it to adjust header fall also; been a long time since I messed with it to remember how they interacted.

My F developed a problem where the poppit valve would bust 2x a year or so, very odd, but the little metal & plastic pin, the plastic would crack, sometimes in new & hard to see ways, and would give very erratic header results, never the same way 2wce.

Grasping at straws here, as I'm stumped too.

Back a page or 2, I had hyd issues with the F3, but that was electric over hyd setup different than you have. You don't want to know what that deal cost....

--->Paul
 
I remember what I was thinking. The old C Gleaner had the same problem and it turned out to be that the linkage had wear in it where it hooked onto the valve. We had to take it off and make the hole round instead of oval to fix it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top