F-I-T, Please remember your contribution to this site

A GURU

I hope that I speak for more than just myself when I say that this site and the members thereof owe a great debt to you for all the info, insite, and details that you have provided in the past. I sincerely hope that you will continue to do so, undeterred by the inconsideration of a scant few.
I only just read a couple of hours ago the massive post on inconsiderate comments posted by Johndeere39H. I see it has been yanked since I read it. It "seemed" it started out with good intentions but quickly turned turtle.
I just want to thank you and a multitude of others for all the the info and insite that you provide. I looked back about 5 pages and a VERY abbreviated list is buickanddeere, Thesmoothdeere, Tx Jim, John T, Larry Howell, Tim S, DScott, BushhogPapa, CLW, larryanderson, WeirdDeere, Jake Winn, JDChris, and many others............sorry for all that I have not mentioned. You know who you are. God bless each and every one of you for what you do for the members of this site. Please don't leave us without you.
I want to personally thank the many people (hundreds) who have provided me with endless "details" about their lettered series tractors over the very few years I have been on here. I want to also thank a good friend (and fellow member) of mine as well, Frank Davis, who gave me the handle A Guru long before I ever joined this forum. Little did I know how little I knew. Hope all of you know that a guru is someone who is a follower of something, not an expert. I'm just an info and detail junkie. I owe all of my knowledge to others, and the little bit I have deduced and pieced together on my own.
God bless you F-I-T, and all the others.
Please don't leave us before it's time.
Merry Christmas to all.
Tim

I agree with you 100%. I am going to be more careful in the future with comments made to poke fun, but maybe come across wrong in a way they weren't meant. I hope F-I-T reconsiders. Without his help, I wouldn't have known what to look for to fix the PS on my 70. I appreciate the input from everyone and have gleaned a lot of info from this site. Merry Christmas and God Bless to everyone. Dave

Hope the picture of my 1466 I pulled with didnt cause post to be pulled.I might send a picture of my 4020 instead.I guess words are just letters and really cant hurt you much.I really enjoy any subject as long as it gets people to think or learn or add some humor which is what this forum was meant for.I actually have never owned a 2cyl. so have little knowledge but the NewGen are my favorite and value all I can learn about them.I have a few new ones and they are all plastic and computers and I have to go to the book often and still have to call JD when usually meaningless code shows up.

You threw my name up there but i don't know squat compared to FIT . He's a bonified rocket scientist thats loves old john deeres . We all lose out big if he leaves. Thank you also a guru for all the research you do ! Your a great insight into this hobby also !

Larry, you'll have to work on that "never owned a two cylinder" problem :). Notice that I called it a problem:). I see a nice numbered series two cylinder fitting well at you place. Folks that farm without a two cylinder are actually deceived. They arent really farming. It's simply an illusion.

Very much the same here...

While I try to relate from personal experience, training (A&P) and a Lifetime of OJT, I am not qualified to accept praise in the same breath as F-I-T, when it comes to JD..!!

Thanks for the Flowers, though...!

Ron..

I lurk on this site quite often and I am very saddened to hear that Frank might consider leaving this site. He not only gives great info but gives connections to other great sites for more information. He will be greatly missed if he doesn"t reconsider. Talk is cheap but great information is priceless. Please give great thought to returning. Randy1944

My 1466 and 4010 are my favorite tractors here on the homestead. Frankly the colors go well together especially here at Christmas. LOL.

Im not sure what happened, but apparently I missed out on that wasnt so good. I would hate to see FIT leave as well. Hes always willing to help and provides all kinds of good info. I hade to see people leave the negitive comments and what appears to be nasty attitudes. I think in the grand scheme of things, most everyone means well, but sometimes people, including myself, can come off as know it alls. Im far from it. I know a little bit about a lotta oddball stuff. I try to add info and help out where I can. FIT, TimS, B-D, and many others are the ones who are the wise ones, and to see any of them leave would be a detriment to this site.

Just my .02

I totally agree with others when I say F-I-T has been a tremendous help to me in the past with providing solutions to my questions.

Like others, I am not sure exactly what happened, but it would be tragic if the acts of one callous individual stilled the voice of one of best contributors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back