F14 Farmall year

Rsr_mk

New User
Looking over a few posts my serial number does not seem to fit.

Farmall F14 serial number FS 30883

Numbers on the data plate and fuel pump boss match.

I must be missing something.

Thanks for any help,
Mike

Your serial number puts it as a 1935-1936 F12. There were conversion kits to make F12's into F14's so maybe that is what you have.

Well that would clear it up some.

Is there a way to check and see if its a converted F12 other than the serial number.

Mike

Longer brake handles; angled steering column..Engine speed was increased 200 rpm to make the two extra horsepower. The input shaft gears were changed to mantain the same ground speeds.The pinoin shaft had one more tooth,the countershaft gear had one less tooth.Sometimes you can see F12 or F14 stamped into a 'boss' above the pto shaft.Everything else was the same.

The number itself would indicate a 1935
presumably F-12. For it to be an F-14, it
would have a number higher than 124000.

Is the same number (30883) located anywhere
other than the data plate?? Frame rail,
engine block? On F-20s, the number was on
the data plate, stamped on a frame rail,
and also on the engine block. I would
venture to guess they would of done
something similar on the F-12s/14s.

For what it's worth, I think some
converting was done to many of the F-12s.
Mainly the taller steering post and angled
steering shaft. Not uncommon probably to
run into an F-12 like that. Would kind of
give it an F-14 look.

What makes you think you have an F-14??
Apparently something other than the serial
number has got you to thinking it's an F-

Seems here lately, I see alot of tractors
mis-represented in the classifieds and on
online auctions. Seen an M the other day
labeled as an F-12. I guess these younger
generation guys listing stuff, just don't
know thier old tractors. When the decal is
gone, they just simply don't know. Did you
buy this advertised as an F-14? If so, it
very well could of just been advertised
wrong.

Thanks for all the quick feedback

As for why I felt it was an F14 I picked it up at my stepdads sale. He had several older tractors he took to pills for several years.

He seemed to know what he was doing and this was one of his favorites. Their health got to the point they had to downsize and move so I picked this one up mainly so he would have it available to come and play with. I had no reason to think it wasn t the 39 F14 he thought it was. He found it in a fence row and brought it back to look nice and win several pulling trophies. I m going to look it over some more before afternoon chores and will get back with ya all

Thanks again,
Mike

F-14 had a breather attached to the valve cover, F-12 had a draft tube out the front of the block. When IHC actually built the F-14s, I dont know whether they put a plug in the front of the block or just omitted the drilling operation; so this may not be definitive evidence.

Ok, got out some universal parts cleaner (brake fluid), and looked the numbers over some more. I think what I have is a 38 F14.

Think I was looking at a 1 that I thought was a space bar between the FS and the number. No hook on the top of the one and it s wider than the rest of the numbers like it came from a different set.

Crankcase breather is correct for a 14 and no plugged port in-front of block or head. Has 560 on the pto cover. Data plate is stamped F14.

FS l30883 would be correct for a 38 F14 I think

Thanks for the education and help.

It s got a set of 11.2/10-34 s on the back. Not very fast but pulls really well.

Mike

Some serial number plates can be real hard to read. I have a 38 F14 and mine has 36 tires on it. Yes they are a slow moving tractor with only 3 speeds. I also have a hydraulic lift and the plow that goes with
it. Saved it from a junk yard back in 1988.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back