F20 Farmall bare block or V8 conversion tips

Hey guys,
I really pulled a doozie here. I left water in my radiator and split my block beyond repair. Ok, 2 questions. First, does anyone have a good 1938 w/high altitude pistons, if that makes any difference F20 block for sale? Second, I have seen IHC V266's installed in an F20. What alteration kits are needed to do this with the original transmission? Any help would be greatly appreiciated..
I am also on www.oldihc.org


kind regards,

binder1959
 
Guy in town had a 409 Chevy with a 4 speed truck tranny ahead of the original, the thing would run 60 mph.
 
Thanks, but I don't want to part with any goodies yet. I may just get a good clean block and re-do it original, although I would love to put a 266,304,345 or 392 in it........
 
I'm both : ) I like to get my hands on pretty much anything rusty be it tractor or truck. Waiting on gaskets from NAPA so I can button that 240 up and put it back together to see what happens. There was a little pitting on #2 cylinder, but I think that engine will be able to pull itself onto a trailer. Didn't have to time, money, or resources to rebuild that engine since I'm moving in less than a month, so we'll see what happens!
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top