Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I just bought a 1976 Ford F600 flatbed from a farmer that bought it new.It's been setting for about 10 years but he said it ran good when it was parked.I'm trying to find brake shoes and wheel cylinders but not having any luck.Does anybody know where a person can buy replacement parts for this truck? I wanted to fix it back up to use but if brake shoes are this hard to find I'm having second thoughts about it now.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.
 
Danny,

I have older Fords, 1948-52,and I still can find many mechanical parts at NAPA. I know they had wheel cylinder rebuild kits last year for my F-4, which falls into the big truck category. I would assume they would have parts for your truck since it's newer. Any good auto parts store should be able to find parts. You just have to find one with some older counter personal that are willing to go the extra effort to look up the parts.

As for the shoes, you might find you what to have your shoes relined. If you're not in a larger urban area that has a lot of industrial businesses you may have to send them out to have them done, again, NAPA or a good quality auto parts store should be able to help you out, or at least point you in the right direction.

Good luck, the big trucks are fun to work on.

Bob
 
Go to your local napa store, last year I got front and rear brake shoes for a 1976 F-6, along with wheel cyl kits and wheel bearings. But on my 1949 F-5 I had to send my old shoes in to be relined.
 
I needed cylinders for my '57 Chev 1 1/2 ton. Went to NAPA, $84 each. I went to Shucks/Haggens, $41 each. Same new made in U.S. cylinders. It pays to shop around.
 
I had to take one wheel off the truck to measure the size of brake shoe then go to an auto store that still has the old parts books, like big A auto parts.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top