fairbanks morse mag

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member

I have a fairbanks morse fm magneto. I have no idea what it is for except that it is a four cylinder model. The numbers on it are X4A9 and 30579 0 9 It doesnt turn and the rotor is broken and stuck on so I can't get the cap off so I really don't know what it looks like inside. The cap seems to be in good shape as is the rest of it from what I can tell. Now my point, I don't know anything about magnetos and need to find a new home for it so it doesn't end up in the scrap heap. So if anyone knows any details for it such as what it's for, availability and ballpark value I would really appreciate it. I also have other magnetos that I am going to try getting sorted out and selling as I clean my shop up. Thank you and happy tractorizing.
 
FM-X4A9 is a "base mount" mag for any Case L, LA or others using a base mount mag. X4B9 is a "flange mount" mag for the others. "9" in spec # is for Case application.
 
Thanks alot fixalinc. That should help alot. Still wondering what a ballpark for these mags would be. Say in rebuildable condition or whatever.
 
Since is it stuck, very likely got water in it and is is rusted inside, and has broken/missing parts, it is worth very little. Fairbanks Morse is a very common type of magneto, they are a dime a dozen.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top