Oliver-Tom

New User
I have 2 working tractors, and 2 farm art tractors that no longer run. Does anyone out there set up old machinery as yard art? The 2 tractors I have...a 1944 Oliver 70, and a 1938 McCormick Deering F-14. The Oliver looks like it just came in from the field. It is one I used to hay with in the '90's. The F-14 was my wife's great uncle's, and has been sitting in a field for 60 years before I hauled it home last week. Neat old pieces of history on our back lot now, with a McCormick No.6 hay mower and a P&O 2 way plow.
 
I guess you just reach a point in life when you don't have something to prove and want some dignity, or whatever the proper word is here, but no, I try to keep everything in the barns and not out in the yard. I don't like even leaving anything sitting out over night if I can help it. Everybody knows this is a farm, I don't need to remind anybody.
 
I have 2 working tractors, and 2 farm art tractors that no longer run. Does anyone out there set up old machinery as yard art? The 2 tractors I have...a 1944 Oliver 70, and a 1938 McCormick Deering F-14. The Oliver looks like it just came in from the field. It is one I used to hay with in the '90's. The F-14 was my wife's great uncle's, and has been sitting in a field for 60 years before I hauled it home last week. Neat old pieces of history on our back lot now, with a McCormick No.6 hay mower and a P&O 2 way plow.
Yes. We placed a rusty hayloader in the yard to block seeing the LP tank when looking out the windows of the house.
And I put a small garden in the front part of the hay loader.

We have a rusty 1931 Farmall Regular that is yard art... but it runs great.
I wanted the rusty tractor... husband said, "Okay, as long as you don't mind that I get it running." It was a fun project!
 
We have a couple yard art tractors. Nothing good left on them, hate to haul them off for scrap. They look good in the yard 😎
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260928_072417028.jpg
    IMG_20260928_072417028.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20260928_072443677_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20260928_072443677_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top