Farm Equipment

Ben Galyon

New User
I have some farm equipment for sale and am needing help in determining it's value. One of the items I would like to sell is a 1950(?) Ferguson TO20 tractor. This tractor won't run and needs some body work. I'd like to get as much as possible for the little tractor I've had since my childhood but don't have any idea how much to ask. Any ideas?
The other things I'd like to sell are....Massey Ferguson square hay baler #9 with bale thrower. Last time I used it it worked great.
5' finish mower, great condition with new belts and 2 year old blades.
10'Bigfoot pull behind bush hog. Works great and in good condition.
7' 3point hitch, chisel plow in good condition.
Spring loaded tiller (type of plow) pull behind tractor with 3point hitch, has some rust but works great.
Hay wagon set up to catch hay bales behind baler. Holds 110 bales that are tossed in, not stacked neatly. Running gear is by Sears Roebuck and bed is handmade of oak. Tongue connector. Needs 16 " tires.
1975 7000 Ford Tractor, works great with load monitor hydralics, front and rear weights, approximately 2000 hours of use, good tires, etc., I use this tractor often and have had no problems with it.
Due to the death of my parents our farm had to be sold and these are the pieces of equipment I have left. No longer having a farm I have no place to use, or keep, these items. I have no idea how much to charge for any of these things as I never had an interest in selling them so if anyone has any idea of what I should charge for these things I'd appreciate any help I can get.
Thank you.
Ben Galyon, Loudon TN

Pricing is quite variable by region, time of year etc. I'd look at what people in your area are asking for things as a starting point. If you want to sell things fast price them lower, if you want top dollar be prepared to wait a while for the right customer to come along.
Zach

get yourself a "fastline" magazine and get to looking stuff up. As said prices are regional and the "fastline" for your area will give you ASKING prices.

Certainly there are regional variances however, in today's economy its tough to sell 'project pieces'. Good equipment field ready still brings a fair price. I was at an auction yesterday, chisel plow like you describe brought 135.00. The 7000 I'd guess 4-5000. I've got a 7600 in similar shape and thats been where the offers have been. I'm holding out for 6000 but am not optomistic. A non running 50's era tractor of common vintage is worth about scrap price, maybe 500 total. As to the mowers, I've been watching several good Bush Hog and Rhino brand 10 foot mowers less than 5 years old languish in the 3000 dollar price range.

Non-working tractor, $400 will get it sold. $900 you might own it a long long time be4 it sells.

7000, $5000 is a nice average, depending on condition could be $2500 more or less. Sounds like it's on the higher end those are low hours; but I haven't seen it. Would be the only good item of the bunch in my mind.

Baler would be $500 or less 'here' as it's not a NH or JD. Probably $250.

If you want the stuff gone, take it to a local farm consignment auction & you will get the best price that day minus 10-15% or so. If you want top dollar, expect to own much of it for a long time - could be years....

The 2 mowers have some value - I'm not up on them. The hay wagon is maybe up to $400 because it's homemade those don't sell like a metal cage. The cultivator sounds like scrap iron plus $10. Dime a dozen on them.

That is 'here'.

--->Paul

This gives me an idea of what to ask for the equipment. Although I would really prefer keeping it....farming and I go way back....I know there is no place to store it. It's difficult to rid ourselves of things we have always been used to having, isn't it? But it is what it is....changes do happen, and we have to accept them. Therefore, if someone else can get some use out of my equipment it would be better than having it setting out in the weather, gathering rust. So thank you to everyone. I certainly do appreciate all your help.
Ben

Sell everything but that little "Fergie" The history between you and that tractor or sentimental value , is worth much more than you will ever get out of it! If you do nothing more than throw a tarp over it for now , there may come a day when you desire to have it brought back to life so to speak if not for you then there must be some others in the family that have ties to it also. You won't get it back. Think about it. $25 for a tarp and keep it.

I have a bit of a blue streak in me, that 7000 would sure have a long farm life here on my place, but I already have a 5000 & a 7700, so I'm a little crowded in that size range. :)

The 5000 (actually a 5200, tall version) when I bought it at estate auction a older high-school age kid came up and said to me, "Take good care of grandpa's tractor."

Well. Gee. Yup.

I know what you mean.

--->Paul

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back