Farmall 230 hydraulic system

1953SW6

New User

I recently toolk the hydraulic system apart on our 230, the oil was drained new gaskets and o-rings were installed and the screen was replaced. Refilled the reservoir and started the tractor. It is air locked, I cant get the fast hitch to move. Any suggestions on how to vent the air from the system? I would appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

Can you add a pressure with air to it to help prime the pump? Caution when doing this don't get a rag in the transmission gears. And keep the rag over the hole when you remove the air for a bit, to let oil calm down so you don't get a bath from the air.

Have you tried to recycle to system so to speak by moving the control lever from the up to the down position multiple, multiple times?

I have tried pressurizing the hydraulic system and it works as long as I apply air pressure. When I stop the hitch stops too. I do see now that the o ring around the filter screen leaks when I apply pressure. Could it be sucking air when the pressure is released? Going to start there and see if I can get a new one.

move the levers 12 to 20 times back an foward,with filler cap off..some oil may come out filler just keep at it...keep oil in it if gets low.....i also have rebuilt the control box ..had luck with some an not with others.....have to keep valve in the same holes they came out of,hard to do sometimes easy to get mixed up......dewy

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back