Farmall 300 vs 350 cowl ,dash housing

dewy

350 has hole for tach,300 has blankcover,what holds thst in place...i replaced housing with 350..i dont have tach..just wanted to cover hole...any info thanks in advance.....dewy

350 has hole for tach,300 has blankcover,what holds thst in place...i replaced housing with 350..i dont have tach..just wanted to cover hole...any info thanks in advance.....dewy
20240415_193432.jpg

Thankyou red for reply...well you know wirh boxes if u knock out wrong hole they make a ko to putback in hole...is there any vlanks for the tach hole.....thanks dewy

is there any vlanks for the tach hole.....thanks dewy
None are available that I know of. The dash on the 300 I use all the time still has the knock-out in it; the parts 300 has a screw-held cover over the tach hole, so you might be able to fab something up from some heavy sheet metal. If not raining tomorrow I will try and get a picture of it for you to give you an idea.

Mac

I have a tach hole to cover and I was just going to cut a piece of tin to go over it. Just a little bit oversized. Could drill holes through the tin and dash to screw it down or drill 4 holes in the tin just next to the dash panel hole. Then use some #10 or #12 bolts with washers overlapping the dash hole to hold it on. Then paint it. I suppose the tin could be on top of the dash or underneath it.

I had and now can't find one of those small rectangle electronic tach/hour meters that I was going to put in there or stick it on. They run about 15-20 bux on Amazing. They also have some round electronic tach/hour meters for boats and motorcycles for 20 to 40 bux and I may take a look at one of those as well since I have to buy a new one. As I recall they have a wire that wraps around a spark plug wire and the number of wraps varies for the number of cylinders.

Part of the 300 and all 350 used the oval hole for tack. 300 and 350 with oval holes not equipped with tack came equipped with a regular cover to screw on from IH. IH sent out a rework diagram for cover holes with knock outs to reshape holes when a tach was added. Should be able to find the IH hole cover.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back