Farmall 350

dwag

Carb completely rebuilt, ign tuned up, will start and run 10 seconds then dies unless full choke. Pulled bowl plug on carb immediately when eng dies and good flow of fuel comes out and power to coil. Carb dissembled 3 times, WTH?

How long does it run with the choke pulled out?
That is about long enough to suspect points/
condenser thing. If it was the other way aroubd
with too much fuel/ flooding, I'd suspect air
intake hose collaosing or air cleaner cup full
of dirt.
Jim

When you say immediately are you standing right there when it dies and pull the plug? Will it flow out for for 10 seconds or more a steady flow? If that checks out I would recommend getting a condenser out of a know running engine and try it or if it ran more then 10 seconds with the old one put it back in.

Yes, drain plug pulled immediately. Tuned up ign as like U have seen points/condenser mimmick fuel prob.

We ran into that with our gas 460 after pulling the head and installing new gaskets everywhere. Fought it for several days then I did a close examination of the intake manifold. The new gasket was not thick enough to make a seal around the intakes but was tight against the head for the exhaust - warped? Doubled up the gasket on the intakes (cut up another gasket) and got a good seal. Son took it apart and said if the old one was that way he didn't remember it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back