Farmall 450 Hydraulics - follow up from 2019

RandyM

Inability to lift issue is SOLVED!!

My F450 would not not lift a chipper or a back blade I have. Back in May and December of 2019 I posted questions here and received a lot of good advice and help, but I did not resolve the issue. Life and other things cropped up and I did not get back to it.

Recently, I received a suggestion from a tractor friend (and saw posted somewhere) to look at the check valve for the fast hitch cylinder. When I opened it up, the internal o-ring was completely gone. I replaced the spring, check ball and o-ring and now all is well. The tractor lifts the 950 pound chipper without a second thought.

Now, this also means that I have on my shelf an M&W pump, a set of F450 supply/return lines to connect the M&W, a safety/priority valve, and a fast hitch control valve that all should find gainful employment someplace. Would anyone be able to suggest reasonable asking prices for these?

Thanks
Randy

mvphoto100403.jpg

mvphoto100404.jpg

mvphoto100405.jpg

mvphoto100406.jpg

Look on ebay for prices. Make sure to search completed auctions as well as live auctions.

The M&W pump will fit many models. I'd imagine the lines are pretty rare as the 450 came with factory live hydraulics that were far and away better than anything that IH had provided up to the Stage II Super M.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back