Farmall B Brake drum

Dachshund

I realize - it's a TRACTOR, not a sportscar - but, does anyone know the specs on a B brake drum? I have pits in mine, and probably need to take a few thousands off. I could just shine it up and not worry about the pits, but I would rather turn it down if I could.

You are correct it is a ..tractor.. brake part specs in the road vehicle realm are a requirement of the DOT to assure safe operation of the brake system and for it to function as designed to minimize catastrophic failure and death. I am sure there is a replacement spec given in a repair manual. In my opinion just turn it down then if it looks like the surface is to thin compared to what it was before you started replace it. Or as you have already suggested stop at the point you feel it getting to thin. A few pits in the surface will not affect the ability of it to stop the tractor. My 2 cents.

Well my opinion, worth just what you are paying for it, would be to either hit the drum with a good wire wheel on a angle grinder. Or if that does not smooth it enough to your likings put a sanding disk in the angle grinder and smooth it out.

Top speed on a B is just under 10 mph so I don't see a little imperfection being a problem.

Look - All I am asking is if anyone has the SIZE of the brake drum. I AM gonna turn it down, but don't want to go too far. I know the thing only goes 10 MPH, top speed, down hill. That's not what I am concerned about. Not trying to tick people off, but I just need specs, not opinions.

75 year old tractor that no one ever cared about specs of brake drums. Turn em down all you want, I doubt you can hurt them. They ain't never gonna get hot enough to cause issues. Some things don't need to be over thunk! Lol

I can measure one but a few thous will not hurt anything but you are wasting your time just sand them so they shine the rougher the finnish the better they will hold

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back