Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I have been using my C to plow snow but it has developed a clunk sound that sounds like it's coming from the rear end (I think). I took the top cover off but can find no problems. I talked with a local Farmall restoration/parts guy that was a dealer for 30 years and he thought it might have a tooth missing in the bull gear or a broken axle but these check out. I jacked the tractor up and rotated the wheels but no sounds. When I drained the oil in the casing I found a piece of the shift rail guide but not the second piece. Any ideas out there?
 
I am with the other posts. I had a clunk on my SC and it was 2 loose bolts on the rim. Heard a clunk yesterday when plowing snow, loose wheel weight. Is strange how the sounds seems to come from rear end but is auctally right beside you.
 
You fellers were right. The clamp bolts on the right side of the tractor were loose. Don't know how they got loose because I tightened them with a breaker bar and pipe last summer when I changed the tire but pushed alot of snow this year in Michigan. Thanks for your help. I'd buy you all a beer if you were here.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top