Farmall Cub 3 point hydraulics question

d page

Cub experts:
Have a friend that is wanting a Cub.
Can you experts tell me if any of the cubs, or Lo-Boy have 3 point with hydraulic lift. If so what years of the Cubs had the hydraulic lifts.
Did a search for Farmall Cub 3 point hydraulics and got 4XX pp of hits, but after scanning through the 1st several nothing in he results seems to answer my question.

Any info would be appreciated.

d page

I've seen some rigged up 3 point hitches
on a cub. Can't lift much. Some came
with a one point fast hitch. Had cub
specific equipment. I have 2 with the
fast hitch. Hydraulic lift was available
on almost any year cub....... I do have
a 1950 cub with a hand lift. Cut a ton
of grass with it every year
cvphoto113548.jpg

Fast hitch, with tow hitch

3pt was not a factory option for either the Farmall Cub or the original version of the LoBoy.

An aftermarket 3pt hitch is/was available from Worksaver, but it is a compromise. Category 0 so very few implements fit it.

The numbered LoBoy (154, 185, 184) could have a factory 3pt hitch. It is a rare and desirable option for these tractors. Category 0 so not many implements fit it again.

The Cubs with the 3-Point option are the numbered series 154, 185 and 184.
Worksaver made a 3-Point Kit for the offset Cubs. Some offset Cubs had the 1-Point Fast Hitch. If you want a 3-Point and a belly mower, I suggest finding a numbered series Cub Lo-Boy.
Also, remember the Cubs are not compatible with 540 PTO equipment.

My 184 has a 3 pt hitch but the one point was gone by the time this this model came out and its a different style from the Farmall Cubs so a 3pt hitch works on that tractor.

Hi Cub aficionados, and thanks for your replies.

So if i understand the posts correctly posted by Barnyard Eng. & K-Mo: i might be able to find a IH 'numbered' cub with a rare 3 point. Some questions:
If found as OEM equipment would it be a hydraulic lift, even though Cat 0?
It seems that a cat 1 might be too big for these little guys- but maybe not??
How does the turning radius of the Offset Farmall Cubs compare to the IH numbered lo-Boys?
What should i expect to pay for a 3-point equipped lo-boy in good shape?
Can a front in loader be found as OEM on the numbered lo-boys and/or is that available as an aftermarket? probably only mechanical as opposed to hydraulic on the loader?

Thanks again guys, and i look forward to your answers!

d page

Close to me , on Facebook Marketplace, there are 2 154s, without 3pt - 1800, with 2800. IIRC, if you have the 3pt, you have to
remove the PTO. I have a 154, without a pto, and it a neat litle tractor, but for 3pt work, I have Ms for that. Just about anything
you need, with exception of maybe a belly mower will most likely have to be had used.

The only ones were the 154 and 184's , IF a Farmall CUB had a lifting hyd, hitch it was a one point from the factory . And anything else was and after market that myself i have never seen in all my years of jockeying tractors. at many sales across several states.

John, I had a 154 cub and it has on the 3 pt and a 4 ft finish mower that used the pto. Never heard of removing the pto to use the 3pt. Explain to me. Thanks

d page you certainly have an eye for the rare and highly sought after...

There are hydraulic loaders for Cubs of all types. The IH 1000 fits the Cub and Cub LoBoy. The IH 1050 fits the numbered Cubs. Remember that loaders are heavy and the tractor does not have power steering.

Cubs are not great loader tractors. Better than a wheelbarrow, and that's about it.

Thanks BarnyardEngineering-
probably just a pipe dream of mine, as i live where there are not many tractors.

d page

Seems like I read something about the PTO shaft sticking out too far to use with the 3pt installed because of the way it was made. Maybe I misunderstood. I have a 154, but not a 3pt so I dont know for sure.

Thinking somewhere between $1800 - and $40000. Sold a real nice 154 with finish mower, blade and set of harrows for$3500.

I think what I may have been thinking about was that piece of sheet metal at the back. I hobbled down to the barn and looked at mine and at a lot of pics and thats really the only thing I see. (Looks like we have something in common, ha!)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back