farmall cub bearings

waugh621

here is to hoping this is the last time i have to post about this tractor before it is all put together again but i am having a hard time finding the bearing for the spine shaft. later today i am taking the trans housing to a buddy of mine to press out the old bearing and will see if i can find a number but both this site or steiner seem to list one. any help would be greatly appreciated and if the bearing has a number i will post it here after bit.
thanks in advance Nate.

Spine shaft is not clear to me what you discuss. Jim

Trans parts
Jim, the Messicks online parts catalog has a lot of positives over the CNHI version. Just remember for some reason when you post a link to it you are taken to the home page of that tractors parts book. So you have to call out the items, Category 04 -Drive Train, Diagram 07- Transmission
621 are you talking about bearing 11 in the diagram following Jim’s link and my details?
It is shown as ST542, not sure how woreout turned that into 6005z, I will neither confirm or deny the accuracy.

( inspected at least) Suggest you also change one in clutch housing also) one went the other will have flexed carry more load than design to . While you got it torn down . Save time and cost another redo, 70 year old tractor not maintain will need rebush oil slinger gear ,pto bushing , some more to check out.

Jim, the Messicks online parts catalog has a lot of positives over the CNHI version. Just remember for some reason when you post a link to it you are taken to the home page of that tractors parts book. So you have to call out the items, Category 04 -Drive Train, Diagram 07- Transmission
621 are you talking about bearing 11 in the diagram following Jim’s link and my details?
It is shown as ST542, not sure how woreout turned that into 6005z, I will neither confirm or deny the accuracy.
Bearing 5 and if i can find them parts 4 and 6

here is to hoping this is the last time i have to post about this tractor before it is all put together again but i am having a hard time finding the bearing for the spine shaft. later today i am taking the trans housing to a buddy of mine to press out the old bearing and will see if i can find a number but both this site or steiner seem to list one. any help would be greatly appreciated and if the bearing has a number i will post it here after bit.
thanks in advance Nate.
Maybe it's on
875.png
875.png
875.png
875.png
this list

Attachments

• 869.png
    869.png
    833.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 870.png
    870.png
    938.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 871.png
    871.png
    627.5 KB · Views: 7
Did you know there is a preview button here? I believe you post from a phone. On my iPhone it is in the upper right of the reply box, magnifying glass over a paper. Not sure what it might have done for you if it would have shown you the multiple photos. I am not sure there is a way to remove photos on a phone. That’s a little tricky to edit post especially with the quoting I use. You may just have to dump the post and start over, might even have to close out of YT. Sometimes the refresh button works to straighten it out. Oh, and to turn off preview to return to edit the post you click the button again.

Did you know there is a preview button here? I believe you post from a phone. On my iPhone it is in the upper right of the reply box, magnifying glass over a paper. Not sure what it might have done for you if it would have shown you the multiple photos. I am not sure there is a way to remove photos on a phone. That’s a little tricky to edit post especially with the quoting I use. You may just have to dump the post and start over, might even have to close out of YT. Sometimes the refresh button works to straighten it out. Oh, and to turn off preview to return to edit the post you click the button again.
I figured out how to edit a post the other day, but that didn't seem to work in this case 😔

Back in the 90s (or was it the 80s?) when I went through Dad's Farmall Cub transmission, I could get the front bearing on the top shaft from a bearing supplier but I had to go to a CaseIH dealer to get the rear roller bearing. I also notice that Cub Cadets (about 10 years newer than the Cub) use a needle bearing at the rear of the top shaft. So you have to know what bearing you need.
It still howls like a Banshee.

Good after noon.... Im looking for some information on the hydraulic system on a 49 cub with a center scrapper. currently having issues with the level position lever.

Good after noon.... Im looking for some information on the hydraulic system on a 49 cub with a center scrapper. currently having issues with the level position lever.
Welcome to the Forums.

It is best if you start a new thread of your own. Your problem is not related to the ones you have tagged onto and may get overlooked.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back