farmall pan seat (padded) restoration

55 50 Ron

I know Darrell Darst did this restoration in the past, but I'm pretty sure he passed away. Does anyone else do this restoration. Seems it would be a good business. The metal pan is usually OK, it's the upholstered stuff that needs
to be re-done. Thanks for your input.

Ron, doesn't someone advertise in Red Power Magazine that the sell or trade seat's,i am sure i seen a ad to that effect.

WOW, your missing a great resource of IHC info,and your missing The Tractor Doc and Nurse from Oshk Kosh Wisc, He write a article every edition, with awesome pictures,and explanation, and he farms, a little too!

I agree, give Devon's a call, He will get you a good seat. I bought my seat on my Super H off BOB OFF, of Easy BOB'S tractor parts, Bob sold Easy Bob's to Devon. I picked up my K&M white Tombstone seat at Half Century #2 in 2005 I think it was. THE factory style vinyl & foam covered pan seat was about a rusty steel pan. I drilled a 1/4 thk steel plate to fit all the threaded inserts in the bottom of the Tombstone seat, then drilled four 7/16 holes for bolts to bolt the seat to my seat suspension, a freshly rebuilt battery box seat base. It was an expensive seat but without a doubt the most comfortable seat I have EVER sat on/in, and after 18 years of mostly winter running pushing snow it still looks light new. Seat base & back has 4 inch thick foam rubber, fold-up arm rests have 2 inch thick foam. Oh how I wish I had that seat on my Super H when we ran it 8 to 10 hours a day most days. The new style Tombstone seat looks different, probably cheaper foam and vinyl, but call Devon and ask.

My pan seats were so far gone ,wore out ,I bought silver seats for the C s . Nothing left to the crimped lip around the pan ,would not hold any material long . Have to see your seat condition , is
One seat I bought wasn’t that good of material and fr aid after a short time , recommend you get in touch with the seller and get some kind of assurance it won’t happen to you .
I did not keep a receipt so forget the vendor was to have a discussion about workmanship .

I bought a pan seat for my 300 from Devon and it is a great seat. It wears good and has been on my tractor now for 10 years.

I agree, give Devon's a call, He will get you a good seat. I bought my seat on my Super H off BOB OFF, of Easy BOB'S tractor parts, Bob sold Easy Bob's to Devon. I picked up my K&M white Tombstone seat at Half Century #2 in 2005 I think it was. THE factory style vinyl & foam covered pan seat was about a rusty steel pan. I drilled a 1/4 thk steel plate to fit all the threaded inserts in the bottom of the Tombstone seat, then drilled four 7/16 holes for bolts to bolt the seat to my seat suspension, a freshly rebuilt battery box seat base. It was an expensive seat but without a doubt the most comfortable seat I have EVER sat on/in, and after 18 years of mostly winter running pushing snow it still looks light new. Seat base & back has 4 inch thick foam rubber, fold-up arm rests have 2 inch thick foam. Oh how I wish I had that seat on my Super H when we ran it 8 to 10 hours a day most days. The new style Tombstone seat looks different, probably cheaper foam and vinyl, but call Devon and ask.
I will agree to buy from Devon, he is honest, A buddy and I both bought new seats for H Farmall from Him at a show, have bought many items from him at shows and at his Home Business, , Saw him at another show the next year and he remembered selling us seats and said Padding was coming off those seats to bring them back and he replaced them.

I know Darrell Darst did this restoration in the past, but I'm pretty sure he passed away. Does anyone else do this restoration. Seems it would be a good business. The metal pan is usually OK, it's the upholstered stuff that needs
From Near London Ontario Canada
William >> In His Hands Services << I have been restoring IHC and other seats for several years. Most pan seats for IHC [ as long as there is no welding repair have been priced Canadian plus shipping. This included new foam {depending on the whether one was riding the seat more often ie., working the tractor, OR, if it was just sitting in the yard as a show piece} would determine the thickness of the foam bottom pad form 1 inch to 2 inches. Top material selection Vinyl or "re manufactured" similar to original canvas . So the price runs from $130.00 Vinyl to $200.00 Canvas plus shipping. Also with a light coat of {IHC red so the owner may put the final colour coat of what ever on before final assembly on tractor since some have a different colour on their tractor).
Text number 519-615-0412. Prefer email since it is available.
Wm.

i have a couple seat cushions that are made for them pan seats. i just use them from tractor to tractor. they just fit over the pan and stay put once on. i thought it was a good deal.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back