Farmall Super M block serial number

IHFarmallMan

New User
I have a dilemma. I'm buying a super M, but the serial Tag is gone. The block is a c-264 with casting date as 'y' making it a 1953, but the serial number on the block doesn't make sense. The number is 95264 D. But serial numbers for the super M seem to end way before that. All casting letters match. I'm just not sure on that serial #. Also not sure what that 'D' is supposed to mean. It's on the right side of the spot the serial number is stamped; an inch and a half spaced after serial number. Any help is appreciated.

(quoted from post at 18:55:35 08/03/16) It is stamped on the raised surface? That sounds like a casting number with the D.

It's on the flat machined surface above oil filter. The raised surface by cylinder 1 is not stamped.

95264D is an old IH part number.

Too many numbers for a date code.

If it doesn't have a serial number hand-stamped into the proper location, it is likely a replacement block. In which case, you're out of luck finding anything even resembling a serial number.

(quoted from post at 05:12:40 08/04/16) 95264D is an old IH part number.

Too many numbers for a date code.

If it doesn't have a serial number hand-stamped into the proper location, it is likely a replacement block. In which case, you're out of luck finding anything even resembling a serial number.

I'll have to look the block over and see if there's any markings that resemble an after market block. I was hoping to figure something out about this tractor.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back