Farmall Super M Dimensions & Measurements

I'm seeking to find dimensions of the Super M to be used in making a 3D CAD scale model. I have been searching to find information online, but the only dimensions are basic wheelbase, height. My approach to this project is to make it based upon individual parts and then make an assembly.

Here's are some of the parts I wanted to get started with :

Front bolster - width, length, height
Side rails - length, width, height
Grill - width, height, length
Grill cover - width, height, length

In some cases, I found dimensions of parts, such as the radiator, that included reference measurements.

If anyone is in the process of repairing or restoring one and can take some dimension along the way that would be very helpful. Please contact me directly to discuss more.

Thank you.

With every bit of respect, this is a very difficult thing to pull off. You need to have an M to measure. I have been working with 3D Cad for 35 years from the first "Anvil" based programs to current Creo and Inventor. With someone else's dimensions you will have zero success that remotely (or easily) duplicates the compound curves of the sheet metal, let alone the castings and manifolds. Purchasing (or having access to an M is really critical. A 3D scanner is really the essence. I have done full sized boat scans and made solid models of them for companies. I do know how this works. Making a tractor that resembles an M is kinda neet, nut not your intentions. Best of luck. Jim PHD in Technology/Design/Manufacturing/and 3D printing. We have at SCSU about one million dollars+ of 3D printers.

Hi Jim, it's totally possible. Been done already, not just tractors, but cars, trucks, aircraft, railroad equipment, steam engines, caterpillar.
Do you have any students there that are interested in railroad equipment? I have a bunch of 1890's railroad drawings that I could use help in making into parts.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back