Fast hitch point

yeah it can can be done, i hired a guy to build me a set, but the first set was to wide,it wouldn't go into the receiver, but the 2nd set he make fit nice!

Yes. The best option is to purchase a rectangle of A36 steel the correct thickness. have someone with a 80 to100 amp plasma torch cut two out of the blank. upside down from each other. Then use an angle grinder to finish the edges and clean up the torch marks. Purchasing may be about the same price! Jim
Jim
Link to premade.

I have a couple of homemade fast hitch points that I picked up at an auction along with some other miscellaneous stuff. The fast hitch points appear to be cut out using a torch, and very crudely. Doubtful that they ever worked.

If you have a steady hand and are good with a torch or plasma cutter, you can make them. Measured drawings are out there in google land because of people who have done it in the past.

Agri Supply sells two versions, a short for $90 and a long for $115, so you already have to have the tools, and maybe even the material, for it to pencil out in your favor to cut them yourself. Steel drops at my local steel supplier are $1 a pound right now. New steel is more than that.

Now I can guarantee you that I can take the title of Crudest Homemade Fast Hitch Point. Last fall cleaning up around a building at the farm I dug up the 3pt adapters that Dad made in a rush back in the late 70s so he could use the 560 to spray corn. Torch cut from of pieces of 3" channel steel, in a hurry.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back