Feedroom pics (revisited)

Walt Davies

Well-known Member
this my Mother in 1926 do think its appropriate to hang up in the feedroom or should i destroy it before the grandkids see it.
Walt
Mother in 1926 in her dance dress. Mother also had the first 2 piece swimming suit in the family in 1943.
<a href="http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/WaltDavies/?action=view&current=Motherindancedress.jpg" target="_blank">
Motherindancedress.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>
 
My aunt found my grandmother's diary that was written around 1910-1913 when she was dating my grandfather. She was kind of surprised at what was in there. In my aunt's words "they spent too much time on the couch"
 
Don't ever destroy it , that is a piece of family history. My great , great grandmother had three husbands die mysteriously. We still keep her picture around. Once they are gone they are gone forever. I'd be proud that my mother was ahead of her time, never ashamed.
 
The key here is what was the purpose of the photo? Was she trying to sell her body or look provocative? From the original post, the purpose of the pics was to be enticing and titillating, simply selling $ex. I Don"t think that was the purpose here. And I absolutely would keep that photo.
 
I think your right...them things on her feet look like those toe dancing shoes.
Shoot...down here all we can do is 2 step.
Keep the photo....
 
Oh it swings back and forth over the centuries the public opinion of sexuality. Just cause we're uncomfortable with our parents or grandparents having $ex it's a darned good thing they did now isn't it? We don't have the context to judge the outfit but photos of that generation are often hard to come by so show it with pride!
 
Walt. If I were you, I would laminate it, before you hang it up. Should be in the house some where, not the feed room. But WOW. does thoes tractors come with the girls. Those are the type of pictures you need to hang up in the shop or feedroom. Nto your mothers picture.
My thoughts any way.
Bruce.
 
My parents or grandparents never ever. Not once. Never. I'm sure of it. Ohhh noooo they didn't. Same as my brother-in-laws with my sisters. Umm Umm, nope. My brother though, he's kind of like me, so I figure that he's... But not my parents, grandparents, or my sisters. The rest of the world, ok. None of them though. NEVER!!!

HaHaHaHa
 
Calenders! That's what the people who made it are trying to sell. Is a calender with nude woman to raise money for cancer a bad thing? or a shirtless fireman calender to raise money for burn victims? Yes these types of calenders have been made. As far selling, $ex sells everything!!! Always had, always will! Fact is, that if the girls were nude, they'd probably sell even more calenders. Are you going to say that you would be real offended to see a calender with some fireman with ripped bodies on it? I highly doubt it.
 
Another picture of Mother and my big sister Yvonne.
Walt
<a href="http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/WaltDavies/?action=view&current=RamonaandYvonne.jpg" target="_blank">
RamonaandYvonne.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top