Ferguson 1955 T035 Gas

Sea55

New User
Hello,

Someone in the past has put a small pump between the gas tank and carb with rubber line. In the manual I do not see this as a factory part. So I'm trying to get it back the way it originally was.

The parts book shows only a gas line between the sediment bowl and carb but I'm not finding this anywhere. If carb is fed only by gravity then I want to remove the pump. So what size line do I need? or what is my options?

Serial number: 162807

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you

No, no pump, originally gravity flow.

Should have a steel line directly from the tank to the carb. The pre made steel 5/16 brake line
works well. It is easy to hand bend, just be careful and form it without kinking, route it as far
from exhaust heat as practical, all down hill, straight a shot as possible. The line will have nice
factory flares already on it. It will screw directly into the sediment bowl and the carb fitting as
long as they are still original.

There should be a filter screen standing inside the tank, a screen in top of the sediment bowl, and
a screen in the elbow at the carb. As long as those are in place and clean you won't need an inline
filter.

Someone may have had fuel problems to put a pump on it. Best check the screens and flow from the
tank first. Good chance the standing screen inside the tank is long rusted away. If the tank is
contaminated with rust it may be time to remove and clean it, or replace it if it's the original
tank. Battling a rust flaking tank is a loosing battle...

I take a steel brake line to make one. I take a old one for pattern to get the shape and bends. The brake line has flare and nuts that fits bowl and carburetor. Just get the right length. Copper line is easier to bend and shape. You can get flare nuts off old line and flare ends.

Thanks again guys this is what I'll do. I've been watching videos on youtube and pausing it trying to see how the gas line was run.

Thank you

Steel does have it's advantages.

Slightly less conductive than copper, it resists vapor lock.

And comes with pristine double flares already in place, and is more fatigue crack resistance.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back