Fertilizer prices, HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke S

Member
Well, I was thinking of fertilizing some pasture and hay ground this week as the ground has been awful soft with all the moisture we have had this winter and it is gonna be in the teens overnight so I though I'd throw some out while the ground is hard enough to get on. Called my guy at MFA and he prices me the same stuff I spread last year which was like $390 a ton if I recall correctly and this year it is $660 a ton! Guess I am gonna cut back some this year? I though hay prices were high around here this past year but I think it is gonna be worse next year. Off road diesel at $3.20 a gallon doesn't help either.
 
Well as we all know, "It takes money to make money", but it also takes fuel to plant corn to get those high corn prices for that ethanol. Sometime you get what you need..........
 
Not necessarily. N yes/somewhat. P and K come from mines. If you have a problem with the price of things, buy some stock in the corps that provide these resources to you...Stock tickers AGU TRA, MOS, POT.......

Mark
 
Just prepaid for some triple 16 for $540 a ton. But everything looks so sickly and won't produce without it. Find out this week what they are going to charge for the urea for the wheat and I still don't have a price for fertilizer for the corn.
 
Welcome to farming! And everyone thinks we farmers are gonna be rich with the price of grains. Right! I highly suggest you don't spread on frozen ground either or you might as well just send me the money for the fertilizer as it will just run off.
 
The ground is only frozen at night. I am only spreading when it is frozen because it is some soupy creek bottom ground that you can never get on in the spring because it is too wet. I don't understand how it would run off? If it rains, the ground won't be frozen any more, if the ground still is frozen it would be snow and when it melts it will dissolve the fertilizer? Am I missing something? Lots of other local farmers are doing the same?
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top