Filled the trailer with a bunch of Deere today

MikeandKeri

Picked up another M for parts and yard art today. Also got the 44/16 plow, a JD sickle bar mower (need to research to identify what model), and a few spring tooth harrows. Barely fit but tied everything down good. Glad the trailer was stout enough!

Attachments

• IMG_5514.jpeg
    IMG_5514.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5515.jpeg
    IMG_5515.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5516.jpeg
    IMG_5516.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5517.jpeg
    IMG_5517.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 101
I’m guessing this varies between states, but what are the regulations about a load extending beyond the trailer bed in the back?

I just got started hauling my own stuff so I’m still learning.

Picked up another M for parts and yard art today. Also got the 44/16 plow, a JD sickle bar mower (need to research to identify what model), and a few spring tooth harrows. Barely fit but tied everything down good. Glad the trailer was stout enough!
Yes, you have quite a load of treasure there. maybe $50,000 worth! It looks like you mazy have been a little short on tongue weight.

I’m guessing this varies between states, but what are the regulations about a load extending beyond the trailer bed in the back?

I passed a couple Sheriffs vehicles and neither turned around. Normally I wouldn’t hang over the end of the trailer but I wasn’t leaving without all three pieces!

You would need to check with your states' regulations as they may vary. In Illinois 3-4 feet overhang off the rear needs a bright orange or red flag during daylight hours and a red light after dusk, but cannot overhang more than 6 feet Also, anything over 4 inches overhang off the sides needs a flag.

I would be more worried about the 1" straps holding the majority of that load on than the overhang. Numerous straps on sharp edges........... 1 orange strap is limp in the picture, so doing nothing. YMMV.

Would that load stay on the trailer like this one did in case of sudden braking, swerving, or accident??
Load securement.jpg

Two logging chains were wrapped around all three pieces. I’m not going to speculate about what would’ve, could’ve, should’ve happened. I did the best I could with what I had. As far as any “limp” straps, I’m certain it was just the tail end of a strap. I stopped three times to check if anything moved or loosened and the load stayed put (even over the mountain pass). And to clarify, there’s nothing limp on my trailer 🤔

Looks like you have a No. 5 JD sickle mower, which is probably the most popular JD ever made as they were sold for more than 20 years the way I understand it. Good luck with your projects.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back