Fire wood bait and switch

37 chief

I am always checking the net for fire wood. I can't just go out back and cut down a tree like a lot of you do. I see a nice pile of stacked wood, looks like I can just drive up to it, then another picture of wood not piled. I drive about 3 miles, I get there, the lady says the wood is over there, pointing to wood, over a slight bank. Then you can have some of the stacked wood. Ok the wood is dry, and only 90 degrees out why not. I use a hand truck to bring it to my pickup. I put the hand truck back. About that time the lady comes out, and says we have to go somewhere. I take it that meant for me to leave. Nothing lost , but gained some free wood. My first clue should have been, the add was 10 days old. I guess no one else needed fire wood as bad I did. In 40 years I have never had to buy wood. That's why I am starting early on my fire wood. Stan

We just got done yesterday with next years wood, to sell next summer. We had a lot of blowdown ash last summer, got everything processed that was down, next year I will get the ones that are broken off 20 feet up. Friday I cut down a big dead elm, and then the wife ran the splitter for me, I handle the wood. The ash splits easier with a maul, but the elm requires a hydraulic splitter. About 6 cords under the tarp, our wood is in a wood shed, but we will be in Arizona for most of the cold weather.
cvphoto97748.jpg

Wood cutting is a Winter job for me plenty of downed trees to cut up plus my buddy that does tree work has been bringing a lot in.This time of year its too hot,too many chiggers and too many Copperheads for me to go cut wood.

I do my woodcutting chores in the winter, too. Unless a tree blocks the road or drive. After limbing it in the road, this white oak got drug into the front pasture, awaiting cooler weather to process into splits for the Buck stove.

I would prefer to cut wood in the winter, but now we go to Arizona. There hasn't been any mosquitos this year because it's so dry, and now the ticks are gone too. I try to do the wood cutting on cooler days or early in the morning.

Around here if a hardwood goes down on the road, it doesn't take long for the wood sharks to show up. They make short work of it.

We have so many downed trees on our place, we have more potential firewood than we will ever use.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back