Firewood processor

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Has anyone built a firewood processor ,,or really trick log splitter .Looking for ideas /pics to speed up wood splitting this year
 
Google "Cord King", We have one at my company. It"s made in Canada, and it can produce up to 4 cords per hour. It"s mounted on a trailer frame, and you can pull it behind a ton truck. It unfolds, and you load 20" logs onto a chain conveyor setup. You can load up to 6 logs, depending on size. You can split up to a 30" log. This thing will feed the log, cut it to length with a 60" saw blade, and split it into firewood. The whole process takes about 20 seconds with an experienced operator. I never saw one until last summer, and this thing is awesome. Sorry, I don"t have any pictures.
 
This is what the preacher suggested. Hal
processor-cab.jpg
 
Saw one in farmshow magizine. It was made from an old chevy blazer. Had a cab that resembled cab off small crane.--Cab was made of plywood.Where the boom would lay beside cab, was a conveyer belt.--Box was built behind cab to catch wood.front bumper was made rectangle to house hoses and supply tank,on top of that he mounted splitter.[automaticly pushed wood to conveyer.]Looked very nice.I just dont rember if he ran the pump off the chev engine or whether it had it's own motor .
 
i don't have pictures but my uncle has one that was built by my grandpa that is reall neat. he welded a cherry picker to it to lift those heavy logs, then on each side of the splitting ram it had a big pan to catch the chunks of wood so you wouldn't have to bend over. it's not a real big unit. it has like a 12 hp briggs with a 2500-3000 psi 36 inch stroke cylinder on it. that thing will split about anything and you can easily do it buy yourself.
the whole process goes fast too so you can get a lot done in a little time
DF in WI
 
Before I lost everything with a puter crash I had a video of a log splitter that was so far ahead of our hydrolic ones it seemed like a small wonder.

There is a splitter that punches pretty fast, but this one was (I'm guessing) a 30 second cycle time, possibly 15 seconds.

There is one that has a mechanical power sorce, but is covered in sheet metal so I have only a guess as to how it operates.

I have always wondered how a wood processor could be feasable because we simply have no logs in our area to process. We have lots of tree tops to choose from, but logs are few and far in between. By far to expensive if you can find them.
 
Supersplit dot com has a different mousetrap. Looks good in the video. Really fast cycle time. Seems pricey to me, but then so does everything else, come to think of it.
 
I have an old J.I.Case/Ingersoll splitter that splits in both directions.No wasted time waiting to retract.Probably not what you want for commercial operation,but not expensive,either.
 
(quoted from post at 00:33:52 04/04/08) Supersplit dot com has a different mousetrap. Looks good in the video. Really fast cycle time. Seems pricey to me, but then so does everything else, come to think of it.

Definitely a machine with the fast cycle time. I hate the (what must be OSHA imposed) 14 sec cycle time of normal splitters.

Was all set to trade mine in until I saw the price. Holly carp!!! By the way it shakes and moves in the video it surely has 1/2 the material of a normal log splitter.

I was thinking, ok it is cool and fast, maybe 25% more costly then a conventional log splitter, but three times the cost?????? They sure are proud of the thing I suppose. Then tack on another $300 for a 16gauge steel table?

They can keep it.
 
Ran across some cool ones on ebay.

Made out of a baler.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUUPKEk6ds4

The biggest/fastest one I have ever seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bVAAx3mMKY
 
Hello Bryan in Iowa.
One of the things I found on my splitter is the wedge angle. All you have to do is add 10 degrees to your wedge. You take a square and put it against the wedge and the rail. Make the top of the wedge 100 degrees. I I'm guessing 1/2 in.away from the square at the top and touching the bottom of the wedge,it will work a lot faster. Also you can out wings at the back of the wedge to help spread the wood apart.
Guido.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top