Floyd County Museum Fri

J.Wondergem

From the Floyd County Museum - color scan of the 1850 Oliver tractor built from 1964-1969 in Charles City. #FlashbackFriday

1512.jpg

Nice looking Wheatland. I didn't know the Perkins manifolds
were silver. Just thought everything was green !

It looked like there was something missing since I can see daylight over the top of the engine,then it dawned on me,I don't see an air cleaner on top of the engine. I wonder if that one's an oil bath and is down on the side?

I don't know about the 1850, but on the 1800 wheatland models you could take the valve cover off of the engine without hinging the hood. Looks like you can do this on the 1850 as well.

My row crop's a nightmare to get the tappet cover off. The air cleaner sits right over it.

You know to hinge the tank and not remove it/early 1950T is worse because you have 2 air cleaners mounted to the valve cover.

Ya,tips up,but the air cleaner has to come off before the tank. Then there's a heat shield around the exhaust that's in the way of it all too. There's a couple of long bolts that have to come out of the air cleaner bracket from the front. It's a royal pain.

I think in 1966 they started painting the bracket behind the light white. I also believe 1966 was the first year for the right hand pto lever.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back