Fog lights 2018 GMC Terrain

AzPeapicker

I want to put after Market fog lights on my car , GMC didn t make a retro kit , But some came with fog light . I trying to locate some brackets that will attach where the hood hinges are & come out between the windshield & over the hood . I don t want to drill holes in the hood .
Every thing up front is Plastic & to me that spells TROUBLE . I have the wiring harness made & Ran thru the fire wall , I at a stand still until I can locate the
brackets , Can t find anything on the computer Any help would be a big help .

AZpeapicker John Cell 480=253864

If anything out there is available for what you specifically want, you should probably check with local or internet companies that deal with off-road parts and accessories. If you want my opinion on a-pillar, hood/cowl, roof light function, it's not good. Lights in all those positions mentioned above will reflect some light back into your eyes, leaving a somewhat hazy view at night, they will also make seeing rain or snow difficult, due to droplet reflection.

So you plan to mount these lights above the hood in front of the lower part of the windshield? In my opinion you will loose quite a bit of the effectiveness of the fog lights due to them essentially lighting up your hood. The reflection of the light lighted hood in the foreground of your vision will be very detrimental to your vision as a whole especially in difficult lighting environment. You may have better luck with sort of side mount lights, essentially placing your lights in the position that a police spot light would mount. You could still use bracket that came out as the ones you are describing. Any of this would be ..butt ugly.. in my opinion but I am not the one looking at it.

There is no cheap / good way to mount lights. Best bet is to mount them thru the plastic grill with a strap of aluminum behind it. Or buy a fascia with lights from the junkyard and swap it, or yu may be able to swap the brackets and lights to your fascia. there is no space at the hood hinges to mount lights.

So you want to blind every person you meet on the road with ill adjusted lights that will not set right nor do you any good. I think all those fog/driving lights should be very limited as most are so poorly adjusted they just blind oncoming traffic and most use them even when there's no fog or problem with visibility. Most people can't even tell if they are set right. Except the guy he meets in the road. There does not seem to be any requirement for them to have to be adjusted either. Lights properly adjusted don't blind the oncoming traffic.

I thought the idea of fog lights was to mount them low to light the road. Sometimes below the fog.

The way you have written it, you want to mount the fog lights above the hood back near the windshield.

I've never seen anyone do anything like that. That's probably why you are not going to find any ready-made brackets.

Back in the old days of steel bumpers they mounted them on top of the bumpers.

Fog (driving) lights now are commonly mounted in the plastic valance below the front bumper. Such as on this 2018-ish GMC Terrain:

mvphoto96747.jpg

It seems the best solution would be to replace the front fascia with one for a car with the optional fog lights. It wouldn't be cheap, as you'd probably need to buy a new fascia (they're hard to find in junkyards) and then have it painted. But it would look good and not resemble a <a href=https://www.motortrend.com/vehicle-genres/1958-1961-austin-healey-bugeye-sprite-collectible-classic/>bug-eye Sprite</a>.

Frankly, I've rarely used the fog lamps on the vehicles I've owned that have them, even though we get a fair amount of fog.

Speaking from experience on lights mounted up by the back of hood, at base of windshield... Through they might look cool, this is not a good place to mount, especially fog lights. Too much flash back light. Better down low, out front. I've had good luck using the mounting locations for a front license plate, and sometimes just using a modified OEM front plate holder to mount the lights. Did I mentioned though that the hood mounted lights looked cool?

In N.H. any forward facing lights mounted above headlight level have to be covered while on the road.They are considered off road lights.I bought a truck with a couple of lights mounted on a roll bar,and got stopped because they weren't covered.I showed the officer they didn't even have any wires,so he changed my ticket to a written warning.When I went to state inspection school in the mid 70's somebody always had to bring up what to do about spotlights. Technicaly the only vehicles that could have spotlights were police and fire.By the letter of the law the electrical companies,phone companies,tree companies,etc were not allowed to have them.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back