Follow-Up on Knight Muzzle Loader

Anonymous-0

I just wanted to give a compliment where one is due. A few months back, I mentioned that on a Knight muzzle loader I bought used, the plastic guide on the bottom of the barrel that holds the ramrod had cracked, and allowed the ramrod to rattle in the woods, as well as not holding it firmly in its place.

I finally got around to calling the company last week, after looking all over the internet for the right part and coming up empty. When I got their voice mail system during regular business hours, I really didn't have high hopes that I'd get my problem solved.

I was wrong. On Monday, i received a call back from someone at Knight Rifles, and he told me that the new guide is metal, and available in either stainless or blued finish. I told him my rifle was blued, and the gentleman told me he'd send me the part. As I was reaching for my debit card to pay for the part, he told me that he was sending me the replacement part FREE OF CHARGE. And, true to his word, I received the correct part yesterday in the mail, at no charge.

I'm still amazed and astounded. I wasn't even the original purchaser of the rifle, but I've had a ton of fun with it. And if I ever do replace this rifle, I'm going to buy another Knight Rifle. It's a small part, but they just made a lifetime customer out of me.

There was a recent article about a local toy company. It was a small ,I think ,somewhat new company . The toy they made was a shovel that fits over a kids arm to play in a sandbox. I forget the name but anyway the point of the story was for this company it did not pay to have the toy made in China. The CEO stated that you get the following ; Not adhering to your specs. Use of toxic junk [it's a kids toy- one bad batch and your out of biz]. Labor in USA is skilled and not so expensive in this job market .The time to ship by sea is too long and fuel costs are so high that that there is no savings to use China. It seemed like a silly toy but they are selling and I'm not a kid playing in a sandbox but it was good to hear of a new company realizing everything does not have to be made in China and is not even as profitable anymore as made in USA.
With the good service you got it is nice to hear also!

I had a similar situation with Redfield Rifle Scopes a few years ago. I wasn't the original owner but they made repairs free of charge. That made me buy Redfield again.

The previous "generation" red plastic gas cans- black spout, yellow cap. I'd ended up with about 3 of them with lost caps. Found a website, called the company, they said "How many ya need? We'll send them right out."
"How much?"
"No charge."
"Not even postage?"
"No, don't worry about it."
3 days later, they arrived.

Good to know. I had read on another forum about North American Arms having great customer service so I picked one up for a pocket gun for the farm. Long story short, I ended up breaking the main spring after about 500 rds. I called them up, spoke directly to a gun smith who apologizedfor the spring offered free shipping for the pistol or a spring if I thought I could install it. I opted for the spring which arrived a couple days later. The way they dealt with the whole situation impressed me. If im in the market for a new muzzle loader knight will be high on the list.

I've had that happen twice in the last year. On was on a spring loaded pin that "got away" from me on a Ruger pistol. When I called about a replacement spring, after telling em that it was my fault they sent a new pin free of any charge, part or shipping. The other was on a CZ USA made .22 rifle that I got used. Kinda funny, it would extract any fired cassing reguardless of brand no problem. It would extract all but one brand unfired. When I got online they had live chat....was chatting with a gunsmith one on one. After explaning the problem and telling him I had got the gun used he ask for my number so he could call. Within minuets he was on the phone, got my mailing info and told me that there was no charge, ask if I needed a voucher to take to alocal gunsmith to have it installed, wnated to ship it at thier expense through an FFL holder or if I could install it myself. 2 days later it was in the mail.

There are still companies who know how to take care of customers!

Rick

There are still a few companies that treat customers well. I broke the tip off of my buck knife prying on something. I sent it in , they replaced the blade free of charge. I bent a decapping pin on an RCBS decapping die trying to decap a Berdan primed case that I failed to cull out. I called them to order a replacement. The girl I talked to asked me if I reloaded alot of different calibers. I said yes. She sent me 6 decapping pins ,also free of charge. Stories like these have a big influence on me when shopping for something.

Same with customer service from Ruger. I had one of their Red Label shotguns that developed a problem, fixed for free and it was 10 years old! I ended up buying a new 10/22 and a single six. Great customer service is the best selling tool.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back