Ford 2000? Identification Assistance

North America fenders and step/running boards are in every tractor salvage yards. I have 3400 and 4500 that are being parted out. Do not have any good nose tin.

I'm sure she has non-live PTO, as I have a handle to engage with the clutch pushed in to activate the PTO for my brush hog.

Even with live PTO, you need to push in the clutch to move the PTO lever to the engaged position and then let the clutch pedal out. The difference with live PTO is that the PTO engages when the clutch pedal is only halfway out, before the transmission engages, and then when you let the clutch pedal the rest of the way out the transmission engages.

There were 3 types of PTO available on the 3 cylinder 2000 series, depending on which transmission it had, non-live, live and independent. It is only the independent PTO that does not require that the clutch pedal be depressed to engage the PTO, and that was only available on the Select-O-Speed transmission models in the 3 cylinder 2000 series.

(quoted from post at 14:19:45 04/05/23) Was the SOS available on the 3 cyl 2000s?
Something makes me think it wasn't...

Parts books have always claimed it was an option. Here's the title of one of the parts pages:

07L01 - SELECT-O-SPEED - POWER TAKE-OFF ASSEMBLIES, SINGLE SPEED - 2000, 3000, 4000

Some early sales literature claimed it wasn't, but I seem to remember someone posting some later sales literature that said it was, so maybe they didn't offer it initially but did later on?

The 2000 was initially available with only the 4 speed, according to Ford's 1965 sales literature. The SOS was made available later on, although I don't know when.

I actually can't find the SOS listed as an option for the 3 cylinder 2000. Checked 1965, 1968, and 1973 literature. Here are a couple pictures from the 1965 literature.
cvphoto151706.jpg

cvphoto151707.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back