Ford 2000 Power Steering Asst. Cylinder Disassembly

pdhntr

How does this thing come apart so I can replace the seal? I have the snap ring off already but can't find any information about what to do from there.

I can usually figure this stuff out but for some reason I am missing something.

Thanks.

Jim
IMG_0544.jpeg
IMG_0545.jpeg

The wiper/scraper is made from nylon and is very hard. They are fun to dig out. Small screwdriver is about the only way I got them out. It will be chewed up time get out. That is original cyl.

The wiper/scraper is made from nylon and is very hard. They are fun to dig out. Small screwdriver is about the only way I got them out. It will be chewed up time get out. That is original cyl.
Thanks Shaun. I finally found some very basic instructions in the service manual. It says to remove the two hydraulic lines and then pull the rod out the front. Right now the rod doesn't want to come out as the fluid is holding it where it is.

Tomorrow I will pull the lines and see if it will come out that way before I start prying on it with screwdrivers. The repair kit doesn't look like it has anything that looks like the outer wiper so I am trying to be as careful as possible at this point. At some point anything could be possible.
IMG_0546.jpeg

Thanks Shaun. I finally found some very basic instructions in the service manual. It says to remove the two hydraulic lines and then pull the rod out the front. Right now the rod doesn't want to come out as the fluid is holding it where it is.

Tomorrow I will pull the lines and see if it will come out that way before I start prying on it with screwdrivers. The repair kit doesn't look like it has anything that looks like the outer wiper so I am trying to be as careful as possible at this point. At some point anything could be possible.
View attachment 71110
The correct kit would have an inner seal, bushing, outer seal(wiper seal) washer and snap ring. All are installed over the rod as the rod cannot be removed without cutting the cylinder. The part number for the correct kit is CAPN3301B and it can be purchased from this site.

The correct kit would have an inner seal, bushing, outer seal(wiper seal) washer and snap ring. All are installed over the rod as the rod cannot be removed without cutting the cylinder. The part number for the correct kit is CAPN3301B and it can be purchased from this site.
I really appreciate the help Mark, however, this site lists the 3301B for the 1/2 inch rod. I have a 5/8 inch, .625 inch rod.

The repair kit I ordered is 3301A for the .625 rod. It is obvious to me the one I received is not right as nothing fits.

So is the description (on YT) wrong for the 3301B?

Thanks.

Jim

I really appreciate the help Mark, however, this site lists the 3301B for the 1/2 inch rod. I have a 5/8 inch, .625 inch rod.

The repair kit I ordered is 3301A for the .625 rod. It is obvious to me the one I received is not right as nothing fits.

So is the description (on YT) wrong for the 3301B?

Thanks.

Jim
I was going on the assumption you had half inch rods. New Holland lists part number FP541 for the 5/8 rod with the welded cylinder and I don't see that available on this site.

I was going on the assumption you had half inch rods. New Holland lists part number FP541 for the 5/8 rod with the welded cylinder and I don't see that available on this site.
Thank you for the help.

Jim

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back