ford 3000 - electrical issue or seized engine?

Maybe several hundred feet, slowly.


I don’t think this ford has a high range/transmission, it’s also not a select-o-speed model. It only has the single gear selector joystick, its a 6 speed.

I removed the starter and tried to turn the flywheel, and also jacked up the rear wheels and turned them and no luck.


Before pulling the pan, I drained the engine oil entirely so I could measure it and also avoid a huge mess and it had the appropriate amount.
If it only has a single shifter then it has to be a 4 speed. A 6 speed has two shifters, the taller one has 3 forward and 2 reverse speeds, and the shorter one switches between low and high ranges for a total of 6 forward and 3 reverse speeds. The 8 speed is similar to the 6 speed except that it has a fourth forward speed on the taller shifter for a total of 8 and 2. The 4 speed was the only one offered that had a single shifter on top of hte transmission cover.
 
If trying to move the flywheel with a crowbar doesn’t work, is it worth removing the plugs and trying that? Or is it pretty much guaranteed to be seized?
The only way pulling the plugs would help is if the cylinders are full of liquid and it's hydro locked. It won't hurt to try, but from your description of what happened, I doubt that's the case.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top