Ford 3600 Clutch troubleshooting/Questions

Luke0927

Hello folks I would appreciate some thoughts on this.

I've got a Ford 3600 that I got from my grandpa he's had the tractor since the 80s. I'm not sure what year but 3 Cyl diesel and it's been a great workhorse for us.

I put it down in the shed a few weeks ago and went to get it yesterday and my clutch is just "gone". PTO runs and disengages, you can bump the tractor and gear and it just takes off clutch does not engage to stop the engine.

Pedal springs and linkage looks/feels good. I tightened the linkage some and my clutch lever (coming out of bell housing) does pull back towards the rear some when pedal depressed.

How far back should that clutch lever go when the pedal is depressed, it falls forward very easily when linkage is disconnected but at about 90 degrees I can't pull it back by hand, the pedal does move it an inch or two back.

It is not uncommon for the disc to "stick" to the flywheel after sitting a bit... so if you push down on the clutch and it does not disengage...... and the tractor keeps going... you probably have a stuck disc. This has been discussed many times as to how to break it loose. Try the search function.

My 3600 had a bad clutch when I bought it, acted like a stuck clutch but after the split discovered what was really going on was the clutch disk was coming apart Jamming up the works.

Hope this isn't the case with your 3600, only fix is a split and new clutch.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back