Ford 3930 rear axle seal 3957464

Mogsareus

New User
I am trying to identify the outer rear axle seal on our 1994 3930.
I have been able to obtain the adjacent seal that fits over the casing but the parts book lists another.
Is it a special seal or can I fit a lip seal?

Here is the part number and description from the parts site:

E5NN4N297BA
SEAL
Rear Axle Shaft;See Service Bulletin 4-92, T-1.; (Prod Date) Between 01-Mar-1990 and 30-Sep-1995

The original part number was superseded by part number 83957464. Did you leave off the leading 8?

partspring.com shows that they have them available for immediate shipment:

Link to 83957464 on partspring.com

Many thanks for you quick reply Sean.
I am located in S.W. Scotland.
I am working from a Microfiche print out of issue 9-93 parts catalogue (Print in the USA) and the part number is shown as E5NN-4N297-BA and the next column 'Finis' showing the number 3957464.
I haven't been able to identify the part here, do you know if it is a special seal or just a lip seal?

Sorry, I've never had to replace one so I'm not sure. You should be able to find one at any New Holland dealer if you use the proper part number with the leading 8 (83957464). If you don't have a dealer nearby you should be able to order one from a dealer somewhere in the UK via a telephone call or hopefully online.

Sounds like a poorly made reprint of a microfiche parts catalog. The dealer should also have the parts lookup system on their computer to be able to lookup part numbers for you as well. If you want to look them up yourself, you can do that on the New Holland parts lookup web page at the link below:

Link to New Holland parts site

Once again Sean many thanks for your reply.
The link you gave me gives the seal dimensions and at 17.26 thick looks a bit more than just a lip seal.
Regards Simon Denham

These folks in Ireland show it in stock. Probably someone even closer now that you have the part number.

https://agripartsdirect.com/83957464-seal/

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back