Ford 4000 narrow fronts

Josh M.

Theres a 1964 4000 parts tractor at an auction coming up with a narrow front end on it, I thought I read a forum somewhere that those narrow front ends would fit under my 66 4200. I cant seem to find that forum anywhere so can someone confirm that this works? Would it need a spacer to lift the front end up or will it sit level just bolting it right up?

Ultradog will know. If I remember correctly he did a single wheel swap on one of his blue fords. I believe it was off of an earlier model tractor.
Ron

(quoted from post at 15:13:32 02/16/23) Theres a 1964 4000 parts tractor at an auction coming up with a narrow front end on it, I thought I read a forum somewhere that those narrow front ends would fit under my 66 4200. I cant seem to find that forum anywhere so can someone confirm that this works? Would it need a spacer to lift the front end up or will it sit level just bolting it right up?

No. As in virtually everything else about the four cyl. and three cyl. 4000 there is very little similarity. I converted my 9000 from wide to narrow using a pedestal from a Farmall H. It almost bolts right up to the big disc that is under the front of your 4200. Just a few minutes of grinder work.

(quoted from post at 11:08:00 02/17/23) Not much else will switch over but the pedestal is a 4 bolt swap.
Narrow front Fords rule!

Here is a You tube video of a narrow front Ford ruling:

https://youtu.be/C1r4VsG1b8A

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back