FORD 4000 SU

Al Walker

Member
I have a leaking power steering cylinder. Just wondering if an average shadetree mechanic could rebuild it without tearing it up? I'm sure rebuild kit would be cheaper than a new cylinder.I used to work on Bobcat skidsteers and rebuilt some of those cylinders.The other cyl. on 4000 has been replaced. Maybe this one that is leaking is wore out. Thankyou for any ideas.Al
 
There is a seal kit available for the rod end of the cylinder. The piston seal inside the cylinder is not available from NH and can only be accessed by cutting the cylinder apart. If the rod is not damaged the rod end seal kit should take care of the leak.

Mark
 
Mark Where can I get this kit? It looks like there is a snap ring that comes out. Is the next part threaded or held in by the snap ring? Thanks for the info. Al
 
You can get it from a New Holland dealer part no 87045114 if it is a 1/2 rod. You need to check because it could have been replaced with a cylinder that has a 5/8 rod. Once you remove the snap ring the washer and seal can be pulled out with a seal pic.

Mark
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top