Ford 5000 front rim/wheel size question

terrywag

New User
I have a 1965-ish Ford 5000 and am looking at replacing the front rims and tires. Current tires are 7.50-16SL 3-rib style. I used a measuring tape to figure out the bolt pattern and they look like either a 6X5 or 6X5.5 inch.....hard for me to tell.

I'm pretty sure they are factory original spindle/hubs so when I go to order new rims I want to get ones that will fit what I currently have. Only thing is, most AG rims/wheels look like they are 6X6 bolt pattern. Does anyone have resources or info on what my tractor originally came with?

NOTE: I placed the tape measure as best I could- it almost looks like the bolt pattern *might* be 6x6, but in real life one can see they under 6"...also- the tape measure has inches on one side and metric on the opposite.

I will try and add pics of what I have.
mvphoto46691.jpg

mvphoto46692.jpg

Fiat now owns the case name the international
name the new Holland name and has the rights to
ford parts all available under one name cnh global
or case ih

Standard 6 bolt implement rim, the rims on my Ford tractors fit any other brand tractor with 6 bolt hubs, also fit any 6 bolt wagon I own and other 6 bolt hub implements.

What size are you looking to put on the tractor?
If your looking at wider tires a set of 15x8 rims with 11L-15 four rib tires will work good with that loader.

I'm taking the 10.00-16's off of my 6610 and swapping over to 11L-15's, the 10.00-16's are worn out but they've always looked to tall to me.

I've got to measure the wheels I have to see how much back spacing they have, I've found wheels with different back spacing and need to make sure the tires set out enough to clear the spindles.

Thats not metric on that tape... its tenths as in tenths of a foot.. they are used a lot in dirt work.. fyi 1/10 of a foot is just under 1 1/4"..

Anyway, the bolt pattern should be 6 on 6". My 5000 showed up with 15x8 on it, with 11L-15 multiribs.. it had an F-11 farmhand loader on it in a previous life...

Yes indeed! I took the wheel off tonight- the hub sort of gets in the way of the tape measure and it was hard for me to accurately gauge the measurement. And yep- I realized the tape measuring tenths of a foot a few minutes after posting ;)

I measured on the inboard side 4-5/8" from the lip of rim to hub mounting surface. On the outboard side I measured 2". So the backspacing would be the difference between the 2 measurements or 2-5/8" or just 4-5/8"?

4 5/8 is the back space, the difference between the two minus the mounting flange thickness is the off set
That means the 4 3/4 back space wheel is the one to get, for a 8" rim it's the one with 1/4" off set.
On a wagon the 5 5/8 back space which is 1 1/8" off set would be better as that puts more load on the inside wheel bearing, but on a tractor the spindle limits that back space.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back