Ford 503 rake tine bar

mikewood869

Anyone have issues installing the tine bar one a Ford 503 hay rake? The holes don't line up (off like a 1"). The tine bar that I have is 240815. The drum that I have is 146534 (the drum with the non walled holes).

https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/n...4F-E6BE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6?serial_number=

mvphoto106258.jpg

[/i]

The Deere ones are the same way (and I think even used the same
tine bar bearings?). They're the correct length once it's installed, but
when installing them the protruding stud makes it a little too
long to easily install. Usually you can flex end wheels enough to get
them in there, but it gets harder as you get more bars on and they stiffen everything up. You may have to loosen some bolts on the end
wheel mounts to let them shift a little until it's installed.

This post was edited by DanielW on 06/01/2023 at 10:08 am.

Same with a NH. The geometry doesnt let them fit in until they are in......

Paul

I have installed several tine bar bearings on New Holland rakes. The first time was a real tough job trying to flex the star wheels. Finally, I
learned to loosen all of the bolts on both star wheels, the bolts on the supports and drives for the star wheels, and all the other tine bars. Back
all of the bolts out until there are about three or four threads engaged and you will have enough slop to install the tine bars. Leave everything
loose including the tine bars until you have all of the bars reinstalled. That worked for me on NH rakes. Hopefully, the Ford rake is similar. Good
luck.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back