donparrish

New User
This may be heresy. Please indulge and/or forgive. I have a wonderful 640, now only a parade tractor which I have owned for over thirty years. Used initially as a work tractor (bushhog mower and
5 foot blade), several yeas ago I did an extensive make-over for parades. Six grandchildren have learned to drive the tractor and driven in our 4th of July parade. This will not be a work tractor
again in my ownership. Here is the heresy part: Can I remove the hydraulic pump and fluid, cover the engine driven gear drive and the ports to which the manifold carrying fluid to and from the
lift controls without creating any problems in some other place or device? This would solve a leak problem for which I have spent too much time already to correct.
Thanks for thoughts and suggestions. Don Parrish --- Arizona

There has to be a way to do so since the 620 or 630 didn't have 3 point and or the PTO

Sure! Ford Industrial engines of that era came without the pump, just a block-off plate. Do the same on the bottom ports and youll be good to go.

Then youll find all the other leaks you thought were coming from that one spot!

(quoted from post at 16:15:34 08/21/22) This may be heresy. Please indulge and/or forgive. I have a wonderful 640, now only a parade tractor which I have owned for over thirty years. Used initially as a work tractor (bushhog mower and
5 foot blade), several yeas ago I did an extensive make-over for parades. Six grandchildren have learned to drive the tractor and driven in our 4th of July parade. This will not be a work tractor
again in my ownership. Here is the heresy part: Can I remove the hydraulic pump and fluid, cover the engine driven gear drive and the ports to which the manifold carrying fluid to and from the
lift controls without creating any problems in some other place or device? This would solve a leak problem for which I have spent too much time already to correct.
Thanks for thoughts and suggestions. Don Parrish --- Arizona
achometer?

I believe that there was a separate tach drive available that bolted on where the pump would go for those models that came without hydraulics.

Thanks for the tip on the tachometer drive. What might be the correct nomenclature for that piece so I can find one? Yes, and if successful there are other leaks.
Don Parrish

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back