Ford 6610 Cab Door Latch Bolts

bdburchard

New User
Have a 1988 Ford 6610 Series II with Cab. Left hand door latch was loose which caused door not to open sometimes. The issue is the bolts that attach the latch to the door appear to be stripped. Can't be tightened. My problem is they also won't back out for me to try to repair the threads on the bolts or get new one or repair the bolt holes in the door itself. I can reach my finger inside the door opening and feel the bolt turn, but they won't back out. Feels like a welded nut on the inside of the door, but again can see. Any suggestions?

Can you get a small cats paw or pry bar under the heads of the bolts and put outward pressure on them as you turn them?

(quoted from post at 15:00:49 08/05/22) Can you get a small cats paw or pry bar under the heads of the bolts and put outward pressure on them as you turn them?

Thx! Found a screwdriver with a bend in it and was able to pry and finally got a few threads to bite and they backed out. Bolts had a large section that was completely smooth. Found some replacements at Fastenal and reinstalled with thread locker.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back