Ford 850 radius rods question

mvphoto111972.jpg

Not my tractor just borrowed the picture.I'm wanting to use these bolt holes to run a steel plate down to a bracket but there's not enough room between the radius rods and the transmission, so my question is can I build a 1 inch spacer to put between the transmission and radius rod mount without messing up the alignment on the front axle

(quoted from post at 10:16:09 11/30/23) Moving the radius rods out will move the front axle forward a small amount. Just check the toe in after you put the spacers in.

Mark
thank you I appreciate the response I think I figured out a different route don't want to move them unless I have to

Not sure how much more space you need, and how much force will be on your project. I used those same holes for an adapter I made for my 860. I needed mine to go UP, but the places I made would fit hanging down also. The plates are 3/8 steel. I did have to remove the radius rod to get the bolts in on the right side, but the left was no problem. They hold braces for a 55 gallon barrel I have mounted on the front.

In use the rods do not move very much at all, you do not need much clearance for whatever you are adding.
Tractor Adaptor

the right side was easy the left side has no room at all maybe an 1/8 inch so yeah I did the same thing I went up and just boxed it in

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back