Ford 861 3 pt. hydraulic problem

Ford 861 Hydraulic lift problems:

1. With everything back together and the tractor running; I tried moving the linkages withy a heavy, long screwdriver thru the hydraulic oil fill opening, but nothing worked for me (?)

2.With the tractor running, I worked the selector lever, on the right of the lid, all the way down to the draft position and only then could I get any response from the touch lever, controlling the arms,---and only while I held the leger down. It doesn't lock and stay in that position (?) Should it ??

3. So from all that occurred: The hydraulic pump is O.K., the system did not need to be primed, there was no jerking motion in the arm movements and the arms did not gradually drop because of leaks around the piston.

4. Between the auxiliary connection plate on top of the hydraulic lid and the lid; I noticed no gasket. Should there be one?

n the picture, the linkage connections are outside of the lid opening. I assume that it should be bent to the left? Hopefully the parts are not cast iron and liable to break(???)
Please reply as soon as possible?
mvphoto102077.jpg

mvphoto102078.jpg

Old was removed from YT a couple months ago. It has been posted that he can be found at "Smokestack".

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back