Looking for some help. I am trying to restore my grandfathers Ford 8N. I have a couple questions for the group.
1. Tractor turns over with the key on or off. Any suggestions?
2. I have constant power to the alternator with the key on or off. Normal or not? I don't think it should.
3. I have no power to the coil(front mounted distributer). Traced back and replaced key switch as it was faulty. Replaced resistor because I only had power on one side. After replacing, I still have power only on one side (when I turn key on). Any thoughts?
Thanks for any help you can share.
1. Tractor turns over with the key on or off. Any suggestions?
2. I have constant power to the alternator with the key on or off. Normal or not? I don't think it should.
3. I have no power to the coil(front mounted distributer). Traced back and replaced key switch as it was faulty. Replaced resistor because I only had power on one side. After replacing, I still have power only on one side (when I turn key on). Any thoughts?
Thanks for any help you can share.