Ford 8n Engine freeze Plugs

baydog1

Hello. I have a Ford 8n tractor and the freeze plugs are leaking and rusty. Not a big fan of the old dimple type freeze plugs that orginally goes in these engines. Has anyone used 1 inch rubber freeze plugs before and they working okay?
Thanks

Hello. I have a Ford 8n tractor and the freeze plugs are leaking and rusty. Not a big fan of the old dimple type freeze plugs that orginally goes in these engines. Has anyone used 1 inch rubber freeze plugs before and they working okay?
Thanks
Dorman @ Summit
I like the metal bolt in place plugs as shown. The rubber ones are also usable. Jim

Thanks Jim. Thats the ticket. Copper, tighten the nut and let it do it's thing. Plus it's not rubber.
Scotty

Thanks
The original Welch plugs lasted for 70 or 75 years and would have lasted longer if the coolant had been changed once in a while to keep up the corrosion inhibitors.

NO need to "reinvent the wheel" here, if you properly install new Welch plugs and keep some decent coolant in it it will be "good" for another 70 or 75 years!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back