Ford 8n or MF 65

I'm not an old-tractor guy by a long shot, but the old-machine guy in me believes that the top three factors to consider when choosing between old machines of any sort are, in order, condition, condition, and condition.

Get the Massey, newer, bigger, more features, probably more dependable. The 8N is a fun little tractor, and it has earned its place in history. But the older units had leaky oil seals in the rear axles so the brakes were useless, and the pto had to be running for the 3pt to work on all of them I believe. And only a 4speed transmission. The Massey will be a much more useful tractor. Maybe consider an MF 165, that there is a great little tractor. ESP if it was a diesel.

Wow glad I chose the Massey Ferguson. But I ended up coming home with a 35 MF gas and a 135 diesel. After looking over the Massey Ferguson tractor and comparing it to a a 8n looks like more bang for my bucks. Are the 35 and 135 still good tractors?

(quoted from post at 17:13:01 03/23/23) Wow glad I chose the Massey Ferguson. But I ended up coming home with a 35 MF gas and a 135 diesel. After looking over the Massey Ferguson tractor and comparing it to a a 8n looks like more bang for my bucks. Are the 35 and 135 still good tractors?

You can't go wrong with a 135 diesel, the 3 cylinder Perkins is one the best engines out there!!!

The 35 gasser isn't a bad one either.

This post was edited by ptfarmer on 03/23/2023 at 06:53 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back