Ford 8n part name?

8farmiN

New User
Hey yall,

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere, I just cant seem to find it.
I got a Ford 8N the other day and went to fix the hydraulics - found out that the exhaust valve was stuck open so I popped it back in. While looking over everything I noticed that the bolts were missing on what I presume to be a bearing cup that goes over a bearing on the shaft. I dont know what its called and cant find the bolt specs for it, Ill provide a picture to give an idea what Im talking about. Sorry for the lack of specifics but truly I have no clue what the heck this is called other than shaft bearing?..

Thanks Im advance if anyone can point me in the right direction.

This post was edited by 8farmiN on 06/02/2022 at 02:50 am.

I cant seem to figure out how to post a picture (maybe the file size is too large?) but it is within the case that houses the hydraulic pump. Its supposed to be bolted to the wall that separates the hydraulic chamber area from the transmission chamber area and has 4 bolt holes, and pops into/around what I think is a bearing. - Sorry Im no mechanic but I hope my terminology is enough.

(quoted from post at 05:41:05 06/02/22)
I cant seem to figure out how to post a picture (maybe the file size is too large?) but it is within the case that houses the hydraulic pump. Its supposed to be bolted to the wall that separates the hydraulic chamber area from the transmission chamber area and has 4 bolt holes, and pops into/around what I think is a bearing. - Sorry Im no mechanic but I hope my terminology is enough.

Not always, but in many cases new users have to have 5 or more posts on record before the site lets them post pictures (or links), due to site spam filters. Another option is to go down to the Site Comments Forum and ask YT Support for permission to post prior to that. You can try going down to the Test Forum and making several posts there to get your post count up, trying to attach your pictures to each post. That may work after you make several posts. Then make your post here again. It may not work immediately after you get past the 5 posts, if not, you might try logging out and back in at that point. There is a size limit as well, I think it is a total of 7mb per post (be it one picture or the total of several). Some pictures (often taken with phones), are too large and have to be reduced before they will post.

Welcome 8farmiN!

Can't answer your question, but I will make a suggestion, that you buy a shop manual for your tractor.

They are cheap, will pay for itself in mistakes not made!

They are available on this site, Ebay, Amazon...

I would recommend a paper original over a download, something you can carry to the shop, make notes, get it
greasy!

Forums are good, but nothing beats having verifiable information in hand when you need it!
8N Manuals

can you ID it here?

cvphoto127271.png

Thanks for that diagram link!

In the 4 spd transmission diagram it would be either number 16 or 13 I believe.

I think the bolts are both the same size for both 13 and 16 parts in the 4 spd transmission diagram, right?

(quoted from post at 18:55:34 06/02/22)
I think the bolts are both the same size for both 13 and 16 parts in the 4 spd transmission diagram, right?

16 is the transmission input shaft bearing retainer, and carries the throwout bearing and lives on the clutch housing.

13 must be what you are looking at as it's to the front of the hydraulic pump.

3/8''-16 X 1.25'' bolts are used at both locations.

https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/n...56875BD6/D8FE724F-E6BE-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6

Perfect, Ill order them and see how they fit.

Thank you and everyone else for the help, it was exactly what I needed.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back