Ford 8N Tractor

Anonymous-0

I have what I believe to be a Ford 8N Tractor that I am looking to sale. This tractor hasn't run in several years but I believe it ran great several years ago before. This tractor was owned by my wife's grandfather who passed away several years ago and now we are cleaning out his farm. I have no idea what the market value for a tractor in this condition would be. Please help me out with this info. There are three implements that come with this tractor. Tractor is located in Plantersville, Texas. Please let me know what I should expect to get for this tractor.

Well I have tried to post a pic of the tractor but it won't let me since my acct is new. Here is a link to a pic.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2yy2vsk.jpg

It looks as if you have a side mount 8n. More pictures of the tractor from various sides would make it easier to ascertain the value and exactly what you have.

Simple questions of what I can think of are: is it a 12v conversion? Does it have Electronic Ignition or is it still with the points? How strong is the hydraulics? Does it leak oil, if so how much? What is the age of the tires? They look good from a distance. Has it been overhauled? And so on.

I am sure that others will come along to offer their insight and analysis better than I, but from the one picture I would peg it in the $1500 range. Especially if it has not run in some time.

Good luck.

You will defiantly get more if it is running.
From the picture it looks like it has been run for a while without the air cleaner cup, not good.

Please let me know what I should expect to get for this tractor.
I guess it depends on the area but $1500 around here would get you a running tractor. Probably be worth the investment to get it running before trying to sell. A $100 spent on tuning up could bring the price up a lot. Also depends on what implements you have.
Just from the pic I'd say $500-$700 max, just for the tractor.

2yy2vsk.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back