Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Hi:

I have come across a Ford 900 converted to farm truck. Can anyone here supply some specs for this truck?

This one is a cab over, gas motor, automatic, single axle, dual wheel truck with air brakes. Tires are 1100 x 20 front and rear.

What GVW, power rating, and any other information you can share?

Thanks
PaMnd
 
Hi PaMnd,

The GVW is stamped on the Ford Truck Rating Plate which may be located in one of several places depending on the year: inside of the glove box lid, drivers door area ect. It would be a "C-900", made from 1955-1962, the 1955 had the 317 ci v-8 (170hp), the 1956-1962 had the 332 ci v-8 (200hp to 163hp, earlier had higher rating). The transmision could be: Allison Transmatic, Fordomatic or Cruisomatic, they used them all in those years. I need to know specs from the rating plate or the year to help more. The transmission should have a manufacturers plate on it somewhere.

Warren
 
Hi:

Thanks for the reply. I should have included (sorry) the year is 1973. Next chance I get I will try to locate the rating plate.

Does the size of the tires affect the GVW?

Thanks
PaMnd
 
My books only go up to 1966. Larger tires usually increase the GVW, up to the capacity of the rest of the truck, read the sidewall of the tire for the specs of that tire.

Warren
 
I'm not that knowledge-able on Fords, but I'm going to guess that the engine is a 477 and the GVW rating to be about 32,000. The tag on the cab will tell you exactly what you have as well as the front and rear axel ratings separately. There should be an engine code stamped somewhere on the engine to verify which one you have.

Bill
 
GET THE LAST 8 DIGITS OF THE SERIAL NUMBER AND CALL A FORD DEALER THAT DEALS IN BIG F SERIES TRUCKS THEY CAN GO ON A MICROFISHE AND GET ALL THE INFO U WANNA KNOW ON IT
 
Hi:

Went and had a second look at the truck this week. I found two paper documents glued to 1(passenger door) and 2 (drivers door frame). Both are very weather beaten and very difficult to read. If I am correct then the GVW of the truck is 25800 with a Allison Transmatic transmission. I could not find any tags elsewhere, and since the current owner has not had is licensed for several years, he has to look to see if he can find an old registration.

The only problem I can see on this truck is the front spindles/bearings. The outside of the wheel rims has oil on them like from a bad drum seal. How is the drums on this unit attached? Is it like smaller trucks with a spindle nut, keyed washer, bearing on the front and bearing, seal on the back? The owner says this started several (10 or so) years ago and has not caused him any problems. Up to last year he was using it around the farm on a fairly regular basis but has not used on the road for over 10 years.

Thanks for your input.
PaMnd
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top