Ford crawler

I believe they were based on a Ford 4000 or 5000 engine, tranny etc but the final drives and tracks etc were built by a company in Italy or somewhere like that. Never seen one in person. Don't know how well they held up though I do know the 4/5000 were as good a tractor as anyone ever built.
 
Looks to me like it's a County.... that's what the add says anyway. It also looks old enough to be Fordson based rather than 'Ford' based but I really don't know. Try researching County and see what that turns up.

Rod
 
That's definately a Major under all that iron. I don't know who would have made the undercarraige to convert one like that. The only Ford crawlers I'd seen before were on Aummans Album. There was an industrial model on a D2 Cat undercarriage that came out of the northwest. Then there were two earlier red and gray Fords on Cletrac undercarriages. They were something that Ford engineers were working on.
 
thats a rather odd picture. either my eyes are bad, the camera has goldfish eyes, or something. I just can't get a fix on proportions-either the tractor is 20+ feet long and has 6-foot-tall tracks, or that driver is a midget and the big dodge truck in the background is about 500 feet away and on a small hill.
 
That's a nice old tractor. It looks like it still moves, since it has a blade full of snow in front of it. That one was made from a Fordson Major by County Commercial Cars in England. They also made 4-wheel drive conversions for different models of Fordson and Ford tractors.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top