Ford-Fordson, Supermajor-Powermajor any difference?

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
I´m not a Ford Specialist, even as we have had a very busy Ford Dealer here since more then 45 years. We have had some Supermajors in early 60`and a 4000 Supermajor ran in neighbour village around 1966.

Is there a difference between Supermajor and Powermajor? Are they both built in UK? Cause I don´t think that the Gent plant was Ford at the days of the Supermajor. Gent should be the Claeys Combine Plant.

From look of things US has Ford and Fordson in the 50 th. for what reason?
 
I'm not a Ford expert either but in the early 50's the Fordson was imported from England gas model was blue and diesel model was gray----much higher horsepower and no 3 point hitch as compared to the Ford models made in the USA.
 
I own a '60 power major,and a '61 super major.my p/m is about 6 inches shorter than my s/m.both of mine came with 3 pth,as I read in the manual,the p/m was built in '59&'60 it was a precurser of the s/m.The big difference in the two are the hydraulic lift control,the p/m is almost under the right knee,while the p/m is on the right side.The s/m was built from '60-'64,then it was replaced by the ford 5000.hope it helps,cw
 


All versions, till 1964, of Fordson Majors are English!
The super Major has many differences than the other models. Mostly Trans, rear axles, and Hyd lifts. Some changes in the engines too.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top